New Dell Portfolio
I have an existing Dell Branded Digital Switch(1082DS, 2161DS2, 2162DS, 4161DS, 4322DS). Will this (new switch) work with it?
The new line of Dell Digital Switches are compatible but for tiering the new line of Dell switch must be the primary or master switch in the tier.
The new line of Server Interface PODs or IQs is Avocent Branded. The previous generation of Dell Branded Server Interface Pods or SIPs will be compatible with the new line of Dell KVM Switches so you can use your existing SIPs whether you are upgrading an older switch, to a new switch or simply installing a new Dell KVM Switch. Port Expansion Modules or PEMs will not be supported on the new Dell Branded KVM Switch line.
Legacy Dell Digital Switches will continue to use the Dell RCS Software, however, the new line of Dell Digital Switches will not be supported. To have central management of your switch environment it is recommended to move to the industry standard Avocent DSView Software.
- Legacy switches are supported by Dell until the end of their service contract.
- The best location to find firmware and release notes is here at the DellKVM.com downloads tab where there are links to the available current and past firmware and release notes.
- All new switches are supported by Emerson Network Power/Avocent. Contact technical support.
- Avocent vs Dell logo when accessing a switch
- Maintenance skus are separate (3 yr standard vs options for 3,4,and 5 year and silver/gold). More information about support options.
- New Switches are supported by Avocent while legacy switches will continue to be supported by Dell until the end of their service contract.
Is there any additional hardware needed to mount KMM Led Console and a Dell KVM in the same U-space?
Yes, there is. The DRMK-77 KVM brackets accessory kit must be used for mounting Dell KVM and the KMM LED console in the same rack U-space. This part is not included with the Dell KMM LED Console and must be ordered.