Reset a 2161DS Serial Port Password
2161DS Serial Port Reset Utility Program
The Password override utility program is designed to override and lost/forgotten serial port password. Please follow the directions listed below to reset your password.
- Connect a serial cable from the serial port of the Dell 2161DS to a serial port on a client computer.
- Launch the utility PasswordOverride.exe and follow the directions.
- The utility will communicate with the appliance and extract the 16 Digit Key.
- Customer supplies that key, as well as the EID from the appliance (located ont he bottom), to Dell Tech Support
- Dell TSP sends back one time use password to customer, who copies it back into the utility.
- The utility will reset the password and the rest of the appliance back to factory defaults.
Caution- While the utility program is resetting the password please make sure to not power cycle or turn off the power to the 2161DS.
Posted in: Digital, Legacy Dell Portfolio